Sunday, March 31, 2013

Vallarta's New Pier

Robert:

I remember the ugly old municipal concrete pier from my first trip to Vallarta, in 1984. It was short, straight, with a little concrete square area at the end to hang out on. In the center of that was an open hole about one foot square. That bizarre, pointless hole was a real hazard and no doubt broke a few legs. It was left open like that for all those years. Which would have been unthinkable in the USA, Canada or Europe.

That old pier was on Los Muertos beach, just south of my old fave, and the first place I ever stayed in Vallarta, the hotel Playa Los Arcos.

Just a few months ago the city finished the long awaited new pier, in the same location, but it wasn't until today I had a chance to check it out. I was impressed.


Finally, some tax dollars well spent. Or apparently so. I have no idea if the project cost more than it should have, but at least it's a sound concept; not a total boondoggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive