Saturday, December 8, 2012

Robert's Night Out

Every now and then I do crawl out of my cave, despite what you may have heard. I actually did so quite recently, and while above ground I discovered a cool rock and roll bar right here in the center of Bucerias. I'm posting a litle video of it because if you're planning a vacation here, I think you'll get a kick out of this place. It's called The Drunken Duck (El Pato Borracho).

They have a pretty good menu of tasty food (including "Costco Hotdogs" with various trimmings).

The food service starts in the afternoon. The bands start at 9 pm and goes until midnight or 1 am. There are three house bands that rotate. So, you can go three nights in a row and not see the same band twice.

The drinks are strong, but the atmosphere is never too rowdy. Often, early, there are little kids dancing with their parents or grandparents. Nice.

Only once did I see an obnoxious drunk. Not a dangerous drunk. Just an embarrassinly annoying one. What a crushing hangover that guy must have woken up to the next day. Had to have been horrible, because he was totalled. But normally, no hay problema. It's fun. Check it out. Order the Jalapeno Poppers or, if you're really hungry, the California Burrito with chicken. Filling and yummy.

Click HERE for a little video and music from The Drunken Duck.

What's that song the band is playing? I'm Your Captain? By Grand Funk Railroad? What year was that released? Anybody know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive