Friday, May 3, 2013

Impromptu Vaquero Parade Today

Robert:

Around 3 pm today Deborah, Patty de la Mora and I were working when we heard another parade approaching. It was led by a screechingly dissonant brass band in a trailer, followed by almost 200 vaqueros (cowboys) and vaqueras (cowgirls).

I rushed outside the office to shoot this video. I asked several bystanders, locals, what was the point of the parade. Nobody had a clue. Finally when the parade stalled for a moment I asked one of the horsemen. He said it was something to do with La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, our neighboring village. I got the distinct impression he wasn't sure.

Which begged the question, "Then why is the parade in Bucerias?"

But I did not ask this. One thing I have learned after 18 years here is to stop trying to make logical sense of everything. Sometimes, it's better to just let go and free fall down the rabbit hole. "...yeah I'm free.....free fallin'....." (T.P.)


No comments:

Post a Comment