Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sweaters, jackets! What fun!

Robert:

Finally...after two days of steady, moderate, cool rain, and temps in the mid 60s, we are back to more normal weather. A brilliant, washed-clean blue sky, and temps in the upper 70s. Perfect.

But, while I felt bad for the people here on short term vacation, most of us locals got a kick out of the freaky, cool, rainy weather. It reminded us of home, or Europe.


In fact, I have a sweater I bought in Munich in 2010. I had had no excuse to wear it since then, until yesterday. I felt sartorial (well, almost) in it all day.

I also noticed that Lily, our secretary, and Patty de la Mora (who was on floor duty) had on clothing I had never seen them wear before.

We all got a laugh out of how it was fun to put on something different for a change.

I still have my long johns I bought on the last ski trip to Germany. Hopefully I will never need anything that extreme here. That would be no fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment