Wednesday, October 9, 2013

This Will Make You Hungry! Pal Antojo from El Pechugon! 38 pesos.

Robert:

One more reason I love living in Mexico! Great food everywhere, for very little money. There are scads of roasted or grilled chicken places all over Mexico...there are many mom and pop places on the roadside, plus big chains...of the chains, my favorites are El Pollo Feliz, and El Pechugon.  El Pollo Feliz is chicken grilled on a charcoal fire. It's great.

But for roasted chicken, I like the chain called El Pechugon. There is a new El Pechugon near the plaza in Bucerias,..up by the taxi stand and Magallanes.

Today I picked up my lunch there. I always get the menu item called Pal Antojo. A quarter chicken, plus two taquitos, and roasted new potatoes. Comes with a bag of fresh made salsa, roasted jalapeños, and tortillas. Take a look:


How much do you think all this delicious food cost me? 38 pesos. That's $2.90 at today's exchange rate. Such a ganga! (bargain). I wonder, what would a lunch like this cost in the 'States or Canada these days? I truly have no idea. Would it be more? Less? About the same?

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks DELICIOUS! I can tell you a half a roasted chicken (no sides) runs about 3 Euro 70 here in Germany. Add in pommes (fries), which are good but cannot compare to those roasted potatoes and tortillas and peppers and you are generally at about 5.50 (Euro)

    ReplyDelete