Sunday, March 8, 2015

Daylight Savings Time - Different in Mexico, But Detestable All The Same

I'm one of the many people who detest DST. It always feels especially absurd
 in the tropics, where days are always long enough anyway.

I just can't stand mid-summer daylight lasting until almost 9 p.m. It's weird and unnatural, and messes up my sleep patterns.

But, in Mexico at least it starts a month later than the USA. For us, it starts this year on Sunday, April 5th.

Blah. Bah.

John Oliver says it better than I could:

1 comment:

  1. I love this clip. I find it funny that Mexico changes April 5--I think they are the only one that changes then. Any idea why Mexico is on it's own little change schedule? Most places that still do this do it on March 29 and of course the US shifted things a few years back (dragging Canada along with it) and already shifted their clocks.

    ReplyDelete